Why Join REDD as a Customer Success Manager?
As one of Australia’s pioneering Technology Success Partners (TSP), REDD takes Managed Services to the next level, evolving it from a mere support function to a robust partnership aimed at enriching both business and human experiences through technology. Our commitment to innovation and growth offers you unparalleled career stability and progression opportunities.
Join us, and be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team, committed to leading the TSP industry
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary: Above market-competitive remuneration for top candidates.
- Flexibility: Hybrid work arrangements between home and our Brisbane head office.
- Career Growth: Tailored professional development opportunities.
- Learning: Company-sponsored training and certifications.
- Culture: Inclusive team environment with a focus on work-life balance.
- Leadership: Leadership opportunities within our growing business.
Deliver Exceptional Customer Service
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) role involves nurturing and expanding relationships with both new and longstanding clients, optimising their spend with us. You will serve as a crucial link between our service and sales departments, guaranteeing that client requirements are addressed promptly and efficiently. This role is pivotal in ensuring the continuous smooth operation of our clients’ IT systems and the delivery of strategic technology advancements in line with their business goals.
Your commitment to excellence should manifest in every customer interaction, backed by excellent communication skills. You will be the clients representative by sense checking and working in conjunction with REDDs internal departments, but at all times being the best practice technology advocate for the customer.
- Service Optimisation: Analyse service trends and work with the Virtual IT Managers to develop strategies to optimise support efficiency.
- Routine Auditing: Ensure that best practices are being implemented and maintained for client environments.
- Risk Management: Highlight IT risks that could translate to business risks, and communicate them internally in REDD and to client business decision-makers.
- Cost Management:
- Review SaaS licensing usage including backup licenses, M365 licenses, and storage utilization.
- Monitor private/public cloud usage.
- Lifecycle Management: Oversee the lifecycle management of endpoints, hardware, and operating systems.
- IT Policy Management: Curate, distribute, and review IT policies.
- Standard Procedures: Review procedures such as onboarding/off-boarding, business continuity, disaster recovery, and major incident management.
- Documentation & Change Control: Maintain documentation hygiene, and escalate tasks for remediation as necessary.
- Incident Management: Manage communication of Priority 1 events, post-incident reports, and root cause analysis, ensuring clear communication to customers.
- Gap Analysis: identify technology gaps and recommend strategic remedial initiatives.
- Team Collaboration: Facilitate tasks among the NOC, Helpdesk, Projects, and Customer Success teams.
- Project Monitoring: Stay updated on in-flight projects for customers and ensure seamless communicaSon between support and maintenance teams.
- Develop Strategic 12 month IT Plans and roadmaps for customers
- Create and deliver monthly customer reports
- Identify, Manage and ensure delivery of client opportunities
- Ensure the customer is delivered an exceptional customer experience
- Be an expert in the contractual and commercial relationship between REDD and your Customer
Qualities of a Great CSM
- Diplomacy: Demonstrate patience and understanding.
- Flexibility: A willingness to go over and above the expected.
- Maturity & Professionalism: Maintain a professional attitude and communication at all times.
- Organisation and Time Management: Prioritise tasks effectively to meet deadlines.
- Positivity and Creativity: Ability to approach difficult situations with innovative solutions.
- Team Player: Collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Perfectionist: Exhibit exceptional attention to detail.
- Customer Focused: Always strive to offer customers the best experience possible.
You will be exposed to the following tech stacks, you will generally only be required to understand and speak to the following, however deeper understanding and experience will be beneficial:
- Cloud Services: Microsoft 365 & Azure, Amazon Web Services, and REDD’s Private Cloud
- RMM Tools: N-Central, Liongard, PRTG
- Virtualisation: VMWare and Hyper-V
- Data Protection and backup: Veeam, Azure Site Recovery, Zerto
- Networking & Firewalls: FortiNet, Palo Alto, Cisco, Unifi
- Windows Environments: Server, Desktop 7-11, Remote Desktop, and Citrix
- Client Relationship Management: ConnectWise PSA
- Security: Arctic Wolf, Sentinel One, Defender
- Device Management: Intune, Autopilot
- Apple: macOS, iOS
A successful CSM candidate should have a blend of formal education in IT, hands-on professional experience, a theoretical or better, practical experience with the technologies list above, and the soft skills necessary for client communication and team collaboration. Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must for success In the role. A mix of the following skills is beneficial for success in the role.
1. Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field Highly Regarded: This ensures a foundational understanding of IT concepts, technologies, and best practices.
- Certifications: certificates such as ITIL (for understanding IT service management), CompTIA Network+ or A+ (for foundational IT skills), and Microsoft Certified: Azure solutions Architect Expert or AWS certified solutions Architect (for cloud competencies) can be advantageous.
2. Professional Experience:
- IT Management or Senior IT Support: Several years of experience in IT management or a senior support role to ensure they can oversee mulSple client IT environments efficiently.
- Customer Service: Experience in customer-facing roles, as the CSM will need to communicate complex IT concepts in layman’s terms and ensure client satisfaction.
- Project Management: Experience managing or participating in IT projects to ensure timely and on-budget delivery of solutions.
- Risk Management: Experience in identifying and mitigating IT-related risks that can impact business operaSons.
3. Industry Knowledge:
- Up-to-date Tech Trends: Understanding of current and emerging technologies and how they can be leveraged in different business contexts.
- Regulatory Awareness: Familiarity with industry-specific regulations and compliance requirements, especially if servicing niche sectors or government agencies.
4. Soft Skills:
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to analyse IT environments and spot trends, inefficiencies, or areas of improvement.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills to liaise between technical teams and non-technical stakeholders.
- Teamwork: Ability to collaborate with various teams within REDD, from the NOC and Helpdesk to Project Teams.
5. Cultural Fit:
- Experience or understanding of the work culture and business environment in Australia and New Zealand can be beneficial, given REDD’s primary service areas.
6. Network & Affiliations:
- Being a part of professional associations or groups related to IT management can indicate the candidate’s commitment to continuous learning and staying updated in the field.
If you have read all of that and are still as excited as we are to shake things up, send us your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Share on LinkedIn
REDD is a Technology Success Partner, focused on helping businesses achieve more with technology. We help SME’s, NFP’s and Government organisations across Australia and New Zealand with professional IT and co-managed technology solutions.